About R. William Holland
Bill Holland brings a unique combination of personal experience and professional training to those looking for work and planning careers. He has developed a highly successful, no-nonsense approach to the subject that is rapidly emerging as a cornerstone in the career management industry.The source of his insights come largely from having:
- Worked in key positions for several world-class organizations including Chase Manhattan Bank, PepsiCo, the Universities of California(Riverside) and Pennsylvania, Charles Schwab, Andersen Consulting and Right Management.
- Been on the leading edge of globalization in the role of Chief Human Resources officer for Andersen Consulting’s Business Process Outsourcing Division.
- P & L Responsibility as a senior level executive at Right Management for outplacement and consulting services in 35 states, three franchise territories and Canada.
- Worked closely with parents and students to deliver career effective programs that maximize career readiness.
- Written and lectured extensively about the subject
In 2006 Bill published the first in a series of three books on career management, the award-winning Are There Any Good Jobs Left? Career Management in the Age of the Disposable Worker (Praeger).He followed that with Cracking the New Job Market: The 7 Rules for Getting Hired in Any Economy(with a foreword by best selling author Barbara Ehrenreich). A new work is on the drawing board (Landing Right-Side-Up in the New Job Market: From Backpack to Briefcase–working title) and near completion. Stay tuned.
Bill attended Michigan State University on a football scholarship and received his PhD from there in political science. As a graduate teaching assistant at MSU’s distinguished James Madison College he was the recipient of the University’s first Excellence-in-Teaching Citation. He also received the Honorary Distinguished Alumni Award.
Bill has appeared on numerous radio and television programs and is available for consulting and speaking engagements.